ASIO’s values advance our diverse contribution to our mission.
- We adapt: Anticipate and learn quickly
- We innovate: Feel safe to try new things
- We engage risk: Exercise judgement to maximise effect
- We are courageous: Voice and value opinions, and commit once decisions are made
- We embody integrity: Do the right thing
- We build trust: Are lawful, impartial, authentic and open
- We enable: Empower and develop our people and teams
- We include: Value diversity and build belonging
- We collaborate: Engage each other and our partners, respecting all views
- We deliver value: Create impact, in the best way possible
- We drive accountability: Deliver on commitments and hold each other to account
- We are enterprise minded: Act on behalf of the whole organisation
Code of Conduct
An ASIO staff member must:
- When acting in connection with ASIO employment, comply with all applicable Australian laws and operate within the Organisation’s policies and procedures.
- When acting in connection with ASIO employment, act decisively to help mitigate threats to security.
- When acting in connection with ASIO employment, ensure that information and advice is passed quickly to relevant action areas, internally and externally.
- At all times use official information, equipment and facilities in a proper and reasonable manner.
- When acting in connection with ASIO employment, act without patronage, favouritism and prejudice.
- At all times ensure no improper advantage – personally or to others – from official duties, status, powers or authority.
- Disclose and take reasonable steps to avoid real or apparent conflicts of interest, (whether financial or otherwise) in connection with your employment.
- At all times act with due regard to the political impartiality of the Director-General of Security and the integrity of ASIO.
- At all times behave in a way that upholds the ASIO Values and the integrity and good reputation of the Organisation.
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone in the Organisation who has authority to give the direction.
- When acting in connection with ASIO employment treat others with courtesy and respect and without harassment.