Applications have now closed for the 2018 Information Management and Information Technology Traineeships.
ASIO’s IM and IT Traineeships are aimed at graduating Year 12 students or students undertaking their first year of vocational education in IM or ICT courses. The traineeships are entry level positions designed to build fundamental skill sets on which to base your IM or IT career on.
Over two years trainees will be rotated through a diverse range of work placements embedded within professional teams as they complete a Certificate IV in their relevant field.
More about the IT Traineeship
On commencement of the traineeship you will be paid $58,330* and on successful completion you will be promoted to an Information Technology Employee Grade 1 with a salary of $74,981* plus 15.4% superannuation.
As an IT Trainee you should be able to;
- Work effectively within a team environment;
- Solve problems;
- Communicate clearly; and
- Have a commitment to ongoing technical skills development and specialisation.
IT Traineeship work placements will be in the following teams:
- Server Operations – responsible for the design, maintenance and administration of ASIO’s corporate server environment.
- Desktops – responsible for the supply and support of ASIO ICT systems.
- Networking Data, Voice and Video – responsible for the design and monitoring of ASIOs networks.
- Information Security – responsible for ensuring the security of ASIO’s ICT.
- Service Management – responsible for the provision of IT help desk services.
- Applications Development – responsible for providing a range for services related to the development and support of web applications.
More about the IM Traineeship
On commencement of your traineeship you will be paid $58,330* and on successful completion you will be promoted to an ASIO Employee Grade 4 with a salary of $74,981* plus 15.4% superannuation.
As an IM Trainee your day-to-day tasks may involve:
- Researching and drafting information management policies;
- Providing initial IT client support;
- Providing records management services;
- Mail and courier services;
- File creation and information processing;
- Contributing to the agency’s digital archiving and preservation efforts;
- Reviewing and releasing ASIO records under the Archives Act; and
- Assisting in the purchase of IT equipment and services.
During your placements within Information Service Branch you will learn:
- How to set up and manage records systems;
- How to manage the full lifecycle of records;
- How to communicate and plan in a work environment; and
- How to use numerous ASIO information systems.
ASIO Security Clearance
Everyone who works in ASIO is required to hold the highest level of security clearance in Australia. To be eligible, you need to be an Australian Citizen.
How to apply
Make sure your applications tells us about yourself including why you want to work within the Information Management or Information Technology streams. We are also keen to know about the learning you have undertaken including the subjects you have studied.
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
*Annual Salary effective 1 July 2018