To be eligible for a role in ASIO you must consider the following before submitting an application:
- Australian citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen. We cannot progress your application if you are awaiting citizenship.
- Approval to hold and maintain a Positive Vetted security clearance. Please visit the security clearance page for more information regarding this part of the process.
- Relocation to Canberra. The majority of roles are located in Canberra, however some are located in other capital cities. The specific vacancy advertisement will indicate the location of the role. Relocation assistance is provided if you are required to move to Canberra.
- Specific requirements. These will be specified on the advertisement; for example a requirement for an undergraduate degree or specific qualifications or experience.
- Discretion. ASIO holds all employment applications in the strictest of confidence and it is essential that you do the same. Do not discuss your application with others and consider that you will be expected to exercise discretion throughout your career.