To be eligible for a role in ASIO you must consider the following before submitting an application:
- Australian citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen. We cannot progress your application if you are awaiting citizenship.
- Approval to hold and maintain a Top Secret (positive vet) clearance. The security clearance process will involve questions about your: current and past personal relationships and living circumstances; personal values; financial situation; and physical and mental health history and civil record.
- Relocation to Canberra. The majority of roles are located in Canberra, however some are located in other capital cities. The specific vacancy advertisement will indicate the location of the role. Relocation assistance is provided if you are required to move to Canberra.
- Specific requirements. These will be specified on the advertisement of the vacancy you intend applying for. These may be, for example requirement for an undergraduate degree or specific qualifications or experience.
- Discretion. ASIO holds all employment applications in the strictest of confidence. It is essential that you do the same. Please do not discuss your application with others as doing so may adversely affect your potential employment. You will be required to exercise discretion regarding your employment throughout your career.