Applications are currently closed.
Our Corporate Graduate Program is for university graduates seeking a career in our corporate areas. You need to have completed your university degree in the last five years and be willing to relocate to Canberra.
The 12 month program offers on-the-job training and development enabling you to put your tertiary education into practice and learn from experts in the field. We will guide and mentor you enabling you to develop your skills, knowledge and confidence.
As an ASIO Graduate, you will be given opportunities and encouraged to broaden your professional networks and interact with graduates from across the intelligence community.
What we are looking for
We are seeking motivated graduates seeking a career in one of the following disciplines. These disciplines include but are not limited to:
- Human resources;
- Information management;
- Graphic design and interaction design;
- Learning and development; and
- Public relations and communications.
During the program you will develop a broad knowledge and understanding of ASIO’s corporate environment. You will complete structured rotations, giving you first-hand experience across a range of corporate priorities and you will gain an appreciation of how each area contributes to the ASIO’s mission.
Benefits of our Corporate Graduate Program
ASIO provides a number of benefits to its employees including:
- a competitive salary, including a 7.5 per cent service allowance to compensate for the requirement to maintain your Positive Vetting security clearance;
- employer superannuation contributions up to 15.4 per cent;
- a positive and modern approach to flexible working arrangements supporting work-life balance;
- study assistance, including financial support and study leave for tertiary education;
- access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- four weeks annual leave per year; and
- a variety of leave options to assist maintain your work-life balance and more.
As an ASIO Corporate Graduate you will have access to the following additional benefits:
- A 12 month graduate program including induction/orientation, regular formal training sessions, seminars and structured work rotations;
- Support throughout the program from the graduate team and an ASIO mentor; and
- Relocation allowance to assist with the costs of moving to Canberra to take up a position with the program.
In addition to our eligibility requirements you must:
- Have completed an Australian-recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree (minimum requirement is a bachelor degree) by 30 June 2020;
- Have completed your degree in the discipline you are applying for no more than five years ago; and
- Be willing and able to move to Canberra for placement in the duration of the program.
To be eligible for the Legal stream you must also:
- Have gained a Bachelor of Laws or a Juris Doctor from an Australian tertiary institution (or a comparable overseas qualification), completed no more than four years before the program starts; and
- Be eligible to enrol in a practical legal training course that leads to admission in Australia, eligible for admission in Australia, or admitted to practice in Australia.
*Annual Salary effective 1 July 2018